imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

7.20.2017

Dress Your Best All Year Round

Hey Humbletakes Fam!

How is your summer going so far? My little ones are definitely keeping me busy. The summer months are amazing for photos because the weather is perfect 98% of the time. Kids love being outside and it shows. There is only one July MMS date left! (No August dates this year cuz the Sages will be livin' it up in beautiful Idaho and Utah for the month!)

July 29th: BOOK HERE

One of the things I get asked most often as a photographer is, "What do I wear?". I'm coming at'cha with some awesome wardrobe tricks for your next photo session no matter what season it is! I know people love summer and autumn as the backdrop for their photos. The weather is beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! But you can have beautiful pictures ANY time of year! The grey skies of winter can be incredibly romantic, or dressing your little one in a raincoat and galoshes for spring is off the charts adorable!

I know that outfit coordination can be hard during the best times of the year, let alone the more shady ones. I am here to help simplify the task. I have some tips (and examples!) of what to wear for any photo session throughout the year!

Let's get to it!

Spring

I know here in CO springtime can be tricky. It's sometimes warm, sunny, not a cloud in the sky and then all the sudden, BAM!, afternoon thunderstorm! This complicates dressing for a photo shoot and the best advice I can give is just roll with it. I little rain at your shoot can be fun and make for awesome candid playful shots of your family! So think:
  • Long sleeves but light fabric
  • Cropped jeans
  • Fitted jackets (I love well cut cropped jackets)
  • Light scarves

Summer

Summer is so wonderful for photo shoots! Everything is green and bright and fun. This is probably the easiest season to dress for.
  • Sundresses
  • Flowy skirts
  • Short sleeved-button up
  • Classic shorts 
  • Pops of color

Autumn


MY FAVORITE SEASON!! I freaking love autumn. The colors are perfect, the air is crisp but we're not into freezing temperatures yet. AAAHHH! I just love it. Ok, so the power of dressing of an autumn session is layers. Layers and layers.
  • Cardigans
  • Scarves
  • Long sleeves and heavier fabric than spring (read: flannel, even wool)
  • Well fitting, full length jeans

Winter

The trickiest season of them all. I have a love/hate relationship with winter. Winter sessions can be oh so magical or oh so miserable. There are a couple things that improve the chances that your winter photo sesh will be on the magical side.
  • Don't try to pull of that adorable tank with your favorite cute short shirt and ankle boots. You'll be freezing...and your face will show it. I can't photoshop that out, y'all.  
  • Wool leggings under your favorite skirt
  • Sweater or cardigan
  • Be wary of large coats. I know they're warm but they add bulk + lose shape = no good
  • Beanies. Adorable accessory that keeps you warm. Double win!

What is your FAVORITE season?!

Shoot ya Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny