imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

4.10.2014

It Feels Like Playing...

Hollaaaaaaaa!
Hi guys.
How have you been?
As you can see...I have been fantastic.
As a photographer I have the opportunity to embrace playfulness and fun......as my "JOB".
How lucky am I?
I got to hang with these adorable kiddos a few weeks ago.
They are an absolute delight and their smiles melt my heart.
As many of you know, photography was not my intended career.
In college I planned to go to pharmacy school...then grad school....then just graduate and work for a while.
I always did photography.....just never seriously.
I would consider becoming a wedding photographer but then talk myself out of it because there is no guarantee you'll have work....then I would admire fine art or fashion photography and toy with that idea for a while.....only to talk myself out of it because "photography doesn't mean anything" and "who cares about art anyway".
I was really caught up in the idea that whatever I chose to do had to make the world a better place and change lives.
I was a bit egotistical.
When all of the "important" career paths I pursued failed, I was lost.
I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and I felt like a humongous...enormous....gigantic failure.
Interestingly, I began shooting.
A lot.
I was shooting places.
I was shooting books.
I was shooting people.
I was shooting everything.
Looking back, I now realize that taking pictures is my happy place. My comfort. My source of fulfillment and joy.
I am so lucky that people trust me to capture the most important day of their lives and the fleeting moments of their children's lives.
It is only now that I understand that photography means everything.
It freezes tender times and precious moments.
Photographs have the power to bring a tear to your eye when looking back on your wedding day or a smile to your face when you see that adorable expression of your "baby" as a baby.
Of course photography matters.
What was I thinking?
I didn't intend for my life to take this path.......but I am so happy it did.
Enjoy!
Shoot ya Later :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny