imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

4.04.2014

Film Here, Film There, Film Everywhere

Hey Guys!
I have something I'm really excited to show you!!
As you know I am working on my film skillzzzz!
Last week I had this crazy idea that I should keep working on those said film skills....or lack thereof.
Anyway, my supportive (and beautiful) friend, Syd, was all like, "I totally don't care that you've never shot on this type of film before and there is a chance that all of the pictures will be black and that I'll have to stand in the cold while you try to figure out the settings and attempt to meter the light!" So then I was like, "OK,  I believe in myself!!! Let's do it!"
So then she was really brave while I tried to understand all the little numbers and arrows.
I am happy to say that these are the results.
The first half of black and white pictures was shot on a Nikon with 35mm.
I think the film is going bad (I've had it for a while now) so the color isn't consistent through all the images.
I have shot 35mm film before but I am still trying to "master" how to meter the light to achieve the best results.
The second half of the pictures (where the color begins) was shot on a Hasselblad (Big Bertha for short)....an AMAZING camera!
I have NEVER shot on anything even close to Big Bertha.
It was awesome.
The sound that camera makes when you click the shutter is simply beautiful.
I also love the sound of winding the film to the next frame.
Weird, I know.
You don't have to point it out.
Another weird thing...I love how film feeeeels.
Not like, how it physically feels in my hand...but how it feels when you look at it.
Does that make sense?
Probably not. 
Moving on, Syd was a rock star and I hope to utilize her services in the very near future!
I hope you guys enjoy the pictures!
Shoot ya Later :)

P.S. Don't forget about the amazing summer deals coming up!! I will be a North Carolina wedding photographer soon and I wanna fill up my mind with Utah memories :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny