imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

4.20.2017

4 Ways I Manage Mompreneurship

Hey Humbletakes Fam,


I hope all of you lovies are doing amazing! Spring in Colorado is so amazing. It's putting up a fighting chance for my favorite season. Who am I kidding? Fall will never lose it's place. Book your bright springtime MMS below :)


April 22nd: BOOK HERE
May 6th: BOOK HERE
May 14th: BOOK HERE
May 27th: BOOK HERE


I have been thinking a lot lately about the feeling of overwhelm. How easy it is to get lost in all of the to-do's and should-be's. I realized that everyone's list is different but we're all busy. We're all trying to make our way through a productive and fulfilling life.



Well to any of my stay-at-home or entrepreneur mammas out there, I get it. I feel you, sister. I want to share four things I do, to lessen the overwhelm in the hopes that it will help you too. These are just a few things that always help me gain perspective and, frankly, calm the hell down.

1: Stretch

This sounds weird. Don't judge me. This is a safe space, right?


Stretching for 15-30 minutes before bed while listening to my most mellow playlist is one of the absolute best ways that I know will help me get a better nights rest and give my mind a break. I try to tune out my lists and worries and focus on me. On my body.


Giving my body a little bit of attention and love for working so hard for me throughout the day. When I stretch I always sleep better and wake up with less aches and stiffness (chronic back issues). After stretching my mind seems to race less and falling asleep is easier.


Pro tip: After stretching I will not look at a computer screen or my phone. I will get a drink of water and immediately crawl into bed. I don't want all of the relaxation I just earned to go down the drain when I see the emails that need to be answered or get sucked into the Instagram black hole or am reminded of how early in need to wake up the next day.

2: Check-in with myself (and my hubby)

This may seem obvious but I feel like I learned to really "check-in" with myself (in the last three or four years).


What checking-in means to me, is using reason and logic to understand why I'm feeling what I'm feeling. Overwhelm, stress, anxiety, restlessness, laziness, whatever-ness. I bust out my analytical chemist side and treat my emotions or reactions like a scientific problem. Usually, after thinking through what I have going on or talking with my husband about what I am feeling I can usually pinpoint the why I'm feeling a certain way.


Once I understand the source of my overwhelm I can gain some perspective about how serious a problem actually is. Hint: I can blow things out of proportion sometimes. Quick example: blog posts. I can get so bent out of shape about needing to write a blog post to stay on schedule that it's all I can think about but can't fit into my schedule, yet (planning, see #3). Before I know it I'm freaking out that my to-do list is getting out of control and I just can't breathe.


See, it all started with a blog post. And this is just ONE example. My point is, if I can get a handle on the fact that my stress about writing a blog post has sprung me into stress induced hives I can make a plan of attack to do what I need to do.

3: Make a plan. Prioritize.

I structure my days into time blocks that are reasonable and doable for having a curious one year old staggering around, climbing on everything, and eating charcoal out of the fireplace.


I plan my day around babysitting swaps and nap times. I figure out what I feel is the most important (or what is causing the most overwhelm) and have it written down. This way, I stay on task and utilize my precious work time wisely.


I take smaller chunks out of big projects and bust out small projects, Planning it out a week at a time.While I'm working on Monday I won't be thinking about everything I'm not getting done that day. If I have it on the schedule for Wednesday, I don't have to think about it on Monday. I just handle Monday.


Pro tip: Treat yourself as you would your child, or someone you care about deeply. Be flexible with yourself, your schedule and how you prioritize and you'll feel way better!

4: Cut yourself some slack. You're doing your best.

You really are. You are doing your best to manage everything on your plate. We all are. We're all fighting different and equally challenging battles. And we're doing it beautifully, in stain covered pajamas, with no makeup, and eating out of a can. But, hey, we're doing it. We're working our asses off for ourselves and our families.


*fistbump*


I'm always on the hunt for creative ideas to help manage, life. What are some of your tips and tricks to keeping your perspective and overwhelm in check?


Shoot ya Later :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny