imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

6.29.2017

The Other Side of the Lens, the Client Experience: The Christensens

Hiya Humbletakes Fam!

I wanna give a quick shout out to all of my June MMS peeps! You guys were amazing and I am so happy I got to meet/shoot/hang out with all of you! If you'd like to join the MMS fun you can book your May Mini-Mini Session below!

July 8th: BOOK HERE
July 16th: BOOK HERE
July 29th: BOOK HERE

It is here! The time you have aaaaalll been waiting for! *drumroll* This month's installment of "THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LENS, THE CLIENT EXPERIENCE....ERIENCE...erience....erience...." (monster truck rally announcer-like).

The Christensen family are long time clients of mine and I adore them. Cassie loves authenticity when it comes to her family photos, and life in general, but really for family photos. She has four crazily adorable, little humans running around. She understands that not everything is perfectly in place all the time and that it's ok.

Let's hear her take on her photography shoot experience! 

You have family pictures taken every year, why?

All my single years and newlywed years, I wasn't very big into pictures.  Even when I had my first baby I didn't take the time or energy to get pictures done.  When my second baby rolled around, I realized how fast time was flying. I looked at my then 19 month old boy and realized I had already forgot so many of the little moments that I tried to freeze in time, by taking a mental picture. 

I would think to myself, "this moment is so precious and special, I want to remember it always."  I came to learn I was already forgetting many of those "mind taken" still shots.  I've been doing family pictures ever since.  I want to have those moments captured forever, not just in my heart, but on print.  And an added bonus, I am able to share my joyful parent pride with Grandma's and Grandpa's.





What are some of your favorite things you've done with your pictures? 

Melissa has done an amazing job capturing the light that sparkles in my kiddos eyes. My heart melts when I see a close up photo of them, with their authentic smiles and their eyes filled with laughter.  I've used my pictures in so many ways it's hard to pick a favorite. I always have amazing Christmas Cards, ask any of my friends.  I've used the pictures for birth announcements. On my fourth baby, Sydney, I gave an announcement to my OB-GYN and he said, " that's one of the best announcements I've ever seen."  And he has seen thousands over his career.

I thought is was because my baby was so adorable, but really it was probably the pictures that made it amazing.  My third boy, Matthew has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. One photo shoot delivered a close up of his beautiful baby blues. I framed and enlarged that picture, and placed it on my mantel.  Five and a half years later I still love looking at it and remembering his big, beautiful eyes. I'll cherish that picture for as long as I'm alive.

I've also used some "mini-mini" pictures for my kids baptism pictures. Those pictures have really spotlighted that day in my kiddos lives.  I've also totally replaced my kids school year book pictures. I get way better pictures at a way better price.  

What is one of your favorite pictures or photo session that Melissa has taken and why?  

I'm not sure I can even answer this question, I've gotten so many wonderful pictures over the years.

One of my favorite photo shoots was with just my family, Melissa took us to an old abandoned barn.  She engaged each one of my kiddos and got great pictures. She even got a few pictures of my husband goofing around with the boys.

I remember feeling a little self-conscious about my "after baby" belly pooch. When I got the pictures back I was shocked with how good I looked. Not trying to sound snobbish, but I felt great looking at myself in those pictures.  I was grateful for a photographer who took the time to make me look good, knowing how important that was for me, during a time in my life when I felt insecure. 




Another one of my all time photo shoots was of my entire in-law family.  We were together for Thanksgiving and my mother-in-law wanted to have "entire" family pictures. We went to this really cool, old, vintage location. It ended up being a little cold, but we still all had a great time.

We were all goofing around and giving Nonnie and Papa huge "hug attacked". It amazes me that everyone in the picture had smiles on their faces, I mean with 9 grand-kids, that has got to be hard to do. I love, love, love the pictures from my second daughter, Sara's baptism photo shoot. I'm her mother and have always thought she was beautiful. When I saw her pictures I saw her in a totally different light. She is growing into such an amazing woman, her pictures were gorgeous!



I also had Melissa come take photos at one of my daughters birth. I know it's a little unorthodox, but I absolutely love seeing those pictures and remembering everything about that amazing little bundle joining our family.

Melissa was very tasteful and truly captured that experience for us. I'm done having babies, which makes me a little sad, someday's (not all), but I'm truly grateful and cherish all the little moments of time that Melissa has captured of my crazy little life!






*      *      *

There you have it! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Shoot ya Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny