imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

4.06.2017

3 Easy Ways to Have a Flawless Photo Shoot

Hey Humbletakes Fam,

What's up, my clan?! Are you guys loving this Spring weather? The landscape is becoming a prettier and prettier backdrop for my April Mini-Mini Sessions! Book yours now (dates and links below)!

April 9th: BOOK HERE
April 22nd: BOOK HERE

May dates coming soon!

I can not EVEN count the number of times I've heard the following phrases:

"I HATE having my picture taken"
"I'm not photogenic"
"I hate pictures of myself"

Well. I am not havin' alla that....mostly because it's bullsh$t. I hate that I have to been so direct with y'all but sometimes mama just has to pull out the big girl words. You guys, how many people really love having their picture taken? I mean, except for, like, the Kardashians...and teenage girls? But let's be real. We're all a little self conscious about SOMETHING. Our eyes are too small, ears to big, nose protrudes too much, chin doesn't protrude enough, my love handles show I'm reeeeaaallly loved, my arms jiggle, my hair doesn't fall right...and on and on and on. Me, for example..I have a double chin that just won't quit.

There are super simple, almost microscopic, changes that can make a huge difference in pictures. Here are the three tips that I use whenever I have my picture taken (headshots, family pictures, selfies, snapshots at family events...whenever)!

Posture

Posture is everything. Anyone I photograph will hear, "stand up nice and tall...not like you're in the military, but shoulders back and down, belly tight, chin up a tad". I have said that sentence almost verbatim over 13,205 times. I counted. Fine, I didn't really count but you get my drift.

Check out this family. Everyone is standing tall yet comfortable. Picture perfect!


Lifting your chin (in moderation)

When people smile they have a tendency to lower their chin. Doing this puts the features of your face out of proportion. Forehead looks bigger, chin looks smaller and often it gives some semblance of a double chin. It's just not good.

Lifting up your chin very slightly can make your face look thinner and is more flattering. It's like the fastest weight loss plan ever. Don't get crazy lifting your chin to the sky can make you look like a crazy person searching for UFO's.

This is my favorite tip because it's so minor and people don't feel awkward with this tiny pose "correction".

Here's yours truly at my branding photo shoot. The difference in my face is so obvious but my change is posture was so slight.



Dress for your body

Wear something that you feel like a million bucks in! Don't squeeze into something that you and heaven knows does not fit well. Don't try to hide your body with baggy clothing, either, it will only make you look heavier and frumpy. There are amazing flattering clothing styles for ALL body types and sizes!! Do some research if you don't own anything that you love wearing. Clothes should makes you feel amazing, especially on photo day.

What are your favorite photo taking hacks?


Shoot ya Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny