imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

5.04.2017

3 Tips to Photograph Your Kids Like A Pro

Hey Humbletakes Fam!
        

I'm gearing up for my last May MMS and June's MMS's that are just around the corner! Links to book below :)

May 27th: BOOK HERE
June 3rd: BOOK HERE
June 11th: BOOK HERE
June 24th: BOOK HERE

In the meantime, I thought I could help all of you moms and dads capture the ever elusive and eternally adorable smiles of your kiddos with three of my favorite tips.


Shooting kids is most often the hardest (and most amazing) part of my job. Kids have a hard time during photo sessions because, well, photo sessions are boring. Over the years I have learned some valuable lessons when it comes to shooting kiddos to get not only beautiful images but genuine expressions!. Here are my top three snippets of advice for the next time you want to capture your child's adorableness!

It's up to them!

I promise this is the best advice I can give anyone!  If your kiddos are not interested in taking pictures they will absolutely let you know. My advice? Take pictures when they're up for it. That means:
*well rested
*fed
*happy/playful

Be patient and wait for this golden time. I guarantee the best pictures always come from kids who feel good.




Let them relax! (so you can too)


In my experience, kids do the absolute best when you allow them to take time to relax. If you're constantly screaming "smile" at them, you will get a fake, plastered, school-photo-type smile. If the kid wants to:
*make a funny face...
*show you a leaf...
*tell you a funny story...

...let them

And be snapping pictures the entire time! Sometimes the greatest pictures happen when you and your kiddo weren't even trying. So relax and have fun!





Play!


My final piece of advice is to let your kids play! Let them run around, pick up things they find, or play on the swing-set.  Not only will you capture the true essence of your child at that point in time, but your pictures will have so much more personality and genuineness. It's worth the time and energy for you to poke your head out from behind the camera and tickle or chase them. Don't be afraid to stop shooting for a couple minutes to chat with them or just hang out. Your kids will love spending time with you and probably won't even mind a camera in their face!

I love the crinkled noses, closed eyes, funny faces and huge smiles.





Getting beautiful pictures of a child's genuine happiness is never easy, but I hope that with a couple hints and tricks you can relax and enjoy taking pictures of your babies!

Tell me, what are some of your favorite tips for shooting your kiddos? Happy shooting!


Shoot ya Later :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny