imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

3.02.2017

A Day in the Life

Hey Humbletakes Fam,


How are you? I'm happy you're here! Quick Note: you can still book your March MMS at Bear Creek Nature Center! The available dates (and links) are listed below:


March 4th: BOOK HERE
March 12th: BOOK HERE
March 25th: BOOK HERE


Can’t wait to see y’all!


Now that that’s out of the way, on two different occasions within the last week and a half someone asked me about my process, working with a little one running around, and slamming his hands on my keyboard, while managing a business. As I was explaining a typical day, I realized that my day is probably not unique but that it may resonate with a lot of you other hardworking mamas.


I want to give a quick breakdown of my average day.


Disclaimer: there are always those extremely chaotic and slap you in the face with a chair kind of days, but this is just a "normal" day here at Humbletakes:


5:15-6:00 am (Yes. I said "A.M."): Wake up with Lil' Sweetcheeks. Cuddle. Try to hold him down while he fights my cuddling efforts. Give up cuddling him and feed him first breakfast (yeah, there are two). After breakfast he plays while I lay mostly lifeless on the floor or couch making sure he doesn't get *seriously* injured, but, like, with only one eye kinda open.


7:00-ish am: Put the tired lil dude down for, what feels like, the shortest nap known to man. During this time I will either go back to sleep, work, work out, eat breakfast, etc. It just depends on how "go-getter" I am feeling that morning.




8:00-8:30 am: Wake up again with Lil' Sweetcheeks. Attempt cuddling again. Fail again. Feed him second breakfast. This is when he is up, like, for real. He is all systems go. It is physically impossible for me to work during this time. Instead, I do household stuff that I can work on while he's following me and tugging on my yoga pants. Laundry (he helps, by wearing my underwear like a turban-see below), dishes, vacuuming, grocery shopping, bank trips, you get the idea. I sometimes have my Godsend angel friends watch him in the morning for a couple of hours so I can meet photo deadlines if necessary. But this is usually my favorite part of the day; when I get to hang on the floor with him. We sing, read, play chase, and climb all over the furniture. It's just the best. But then I also want to be done playing because work.life.deadlines.


11:00-ish am: We do lunch, trips to the park, play-dates, etc.





12:00-1:00 pm: And finally, the time has come. Nap time. It is a glorious and exciting time. My dude goes down for his afternoon nap. This is typically a big one so I take advantage and I usually work. But sometimes that whole 5:15 am thing I mentioned earlier really gets me and I go right down with him. #adulting


2:00-2:30 pm: Up and at'em! Snack time, play time, possibly errands but I'm usually not up for toting him around much more. We play, and play, and play, and wait for Daddy to get home! I start prepping for dinner (heellooooooo crock pot!) and finish up any household responsibilities.


5:00-5:30 pm: Daddy is home and it is TIME for Wrestlemania 2017!!! Lil' Sweetcheeks lights up the moment Sweetcheeks gets home. It makes my heart explode with joy. They wrestle and I finish dinner. After dinner, we play as a family. For me, this is also a wonderful part of the day.




6:15-6:30 pm: Bedtime! Teeth brushed, story read, I take Lil' Sweetcheeks to his glorious bed. Then it's adult time. Not, like, "bow-chicka-bow-wow" adult time, just, like, "let's talk about life and hang out" adult time. We use this time to reconnect after our long days.I love this. Sweetcheeks is my favorite big person so being with him recharges my batteries. We get to hang out for an hour or two.


7:30-8:00 pm: Sweetcheeks needs to study (full time student) and I need to put my entrepreneur hat on again. I work, work, work.


10:00 pm-2:00 am: Depending on my workload my bedtime varies wildly.


Rinse and repeat.


Welcome to my full, busy, and overwhelmingly wonderful life. Let me know about your full, busy, and overwhelmingly wonderful lives! I would love to hear about your schedules, babes, and how you manage being a mompreneur!



Shoot ya Later :)


My process, working with a little one running around, and slamming his hands on my keyboard, while managing a business. As I was explaining a typical day, I realized that my day is probably not unique but that it may resonate with a lot of you other hardworking mamas. Here's a breakdown of a day in the life of this working mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny