imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

9.14.2017

15: The Other Side of the Lens, The Client Experience: The Bodilys

Hiya Humbletakes Fam!

I have a very special treat for y'all. Cuz I love ya! I have another installation of  "The Other Side of the Lens"! *and the crowd goes wiiiiiiiild*

I have taken Erin's family pictures for many years and I have loved watching her three wonderful kiddos grow up. This is another reason I feel lucky to be working as a photographer. I get to watch, and be part of, your family growing up and maturing. I get to see how an awkward 9 year old with glasses and braces blossoms into one of the most beautiful young women I've ever seen.  How a tiny 4 month old is on the move only a year later. These are wonderful, fast-moving times. And sometimes I'm even lucky enough to see the absolutely perfect baby that was just a "baby bump" the year before! My job is a gift. My clients are my family. And my life is full of joyous moments.

You have your family pictures taken every year. Why?

In real time it may not seem like it happens very quickly, but my kids change so much. You know that saying, "the days are long, but the years are short" (or something like that). When I look back at previous sessions and old photos, I can barely believe how much they've grown. We have used Melissa for years because she can capture who my children are at that point in their lives. If they make funny faces or react to something in a totally genuine way, she catches it. These moments are absolutely priceless. It's so easy to forget the silly face my youngest used to make that would have us all cracking up or the reaction my daughter had when we would talk to her about boys at school. I feel like Melissa gets it. She understands that these times fly by and these moments are precious.



What are some of your favorite things you've done with your pictures?

I have used Melissa's pictures in so many ways I can't even count. Aside from the family photo book and social media, I would have to say that my favorite thing I've done is get huge...like, huge 16x20 gallery wrapped photos of each of the kids and the kids together on the wall going up the staircase. I love looking up at that wall. OH! And I printed another gigantic (can't remember the size) gallery wrap and put it above my mantle in our main room. It completely finished the look of space and is an absolute eye-catcher!





What is one of your favorite pictures or sessions that Melissa has taken and why?

That's so hard because I’ve loved every picture.  But some of my favorites are:


One of my favorite pictures Melissa has taken is an amazing sports volleyball action shot of my daughter, Baylee.  It shows her hustle, drive, determination, hard-work and beauty, all in one shot.





There is a shot of my second daughter, Brielle, that I just can't get enough of. Bree is very intelligent and her humor is often subtle and understated. Her expressions are the same. There is a shot of her that perfectly captures her slight smile and brilliant eyes. I just love it.




And my youngest, oh my youngest! This boy is an all out goof ball. He is a comedian through and through! He has us laughing constantly with his crazy facial expressions and witty remarks. I think Melissa catches his craziness in such a way that you can see he is silly yet sweet, energetic and endearing, crazy and charming.





There is a family shot Melissa took of my family in front of barn doors that is one of my favorites!  It captures the personality of my family, shot beautifully, and in a setting the has an emotional connection for me of my childhood growing up in the country.  Pure Magic.



I have loved watching this little mob grow and change. I feel like these kids are my very own. I adore this family and feel incredibly blessed that they trust me every year to permanently capture these amazing times in their ever changing lives.

Shout out to you, Bodily's! *fistbump*

Shoot ya Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny