imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

2.22.2011

Let Me Explain...

I was struck by lighting three days ago (metaphorically more-so than literally).
 Shall I give a little background? About three months ago, I decided that the year of 2011 would be dedicated to reading, traveling, photography, art, and fun...pretty much all of the things that I have always found reasons to "put on the backburner". 
I affectionately refer to this year as "My Lazy Year" a.k.a "My Most Awesomest Year Ever".

To begin this journey, of sorts, I began reading Eat, Pray, Love on January 1st. Needless to say, it has a taken me a while to get through it...partly because I hated the book, and partly because I felt that I was without purpose. I know, I know...I shouldn't make goals (or have a purpose) about my leisure time - I understand the contradiction, but for whatever reason I need them, goals, that is. 
So this is when the lightning struck...

To further explore my creativity and personal passion of photography I decided to incorporate my artistic expression in this new quest for an amazing year! To do this, I decided that when I finish a book, I will take pictures of it. For me, this is to visually document this year...which seems appropriate, me loving photography and all. So...first up, I present Eat, Pray, Love...
Shoot ya Later :)








Also, I look forward to any and all insights, opinions, recommendations and other relevant comments....or irrelevant...whatever.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful idea. That might even be motivation to finish a book that's a little hard to finish!

    I think any most awesomest year would not be complete without a trip to Michigan ;) for what it's worth!

    I wish I had some great book recommendations but I don't have any that I know you'll love (of course other than the Artist's Way)... book clubs aren't made for girls like me I guess.

    I'm glad to see you're having fun! Call me, let's chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this idea! I think you are inspired:) Speaking of traveling, maybe you should come to Colorado. Much fun to be had here:)

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny